Monday, December 12, 2005

Geeta Jayanti

The 11th of December 2005 was Geeta Jayanti
Geeta Jayanti is the anniversary of the day, when the Divine Song was sung.
On this day Shri Krishna spoke to Arjuna, on the battlefield in Kurukshetra.
The Bhagvad Geeta was transcribed into words by Veda Vyasji.

I have read: "The one who takes a dip in the Ganges is liberated. The one who lives according to the Gita can liberate others."

Krishna tells Arjuna in the Bhagavad Geeta Ch 18 Verse 68,69:

Those who teach this supreme mystery of the Geeta to all who love me perform the greatest act of love; they will come to me without a doubt. No one can render me more devoted service; no one on earth can be more dear to me".


The Gita consists of 700 shlokas (verses)divided into 18 chapters

The teachings of the Gita do not apply only to inner and outer conflicts in the battlefield, but to the combat zone (of good and evil) that lives within us.

One is not required to be a Hindu, highly spiritual or extremely intelligent to understand and follow Lord Krishna’s teachings.

Lord Krishna does not advocate only one path in the Bhagvad Geeta.

In fact throughout the Divine Scripture, Krishna explains how one can attain liberation depending upon the inclination of different temperaments of man.

One may unite with God through devotion (Bhakti), through wisdom (Gyaan), and through action (Karma) -

Mahatma Gandhi said, "When disappointment stares me in the face and all alone I see not one ray of light, I go back to the Bhagavad-Gita...I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming tragedies and my life has been full of external tragedies. If they have left no visible, no indelible scar on me, I owe it all to the teachings of Bhagavad-Gita."

Ideally one should recite the whole scripture on Geeta Jayanti, but if it is not possible because of the fast paced times that we live in, will you at least click on these links?

http://www.dalsabzi.com/Wisdom_Scrip/two_geeta_verses.htm

http://www.dalsabzi.com/Message/krishna1.htm

http://www.dalsabzi.com/Articles/kurukshetra.htm



.

No comments: