Saturday, August 26, 2006


DAKOR
Let me tell you a story that happened 500 yrs ago in Dakor (A short distance from Ahmedabad in Gujarat)
There was an old man called Bodana who would travel all the way to Dwarika every year to see (Do darshan) his Krishna (Dwarkadheesh)
On his last trip there Bodana told Krishna that he had become too old so this was probably his last trip there! Bodana had a dream at night where Krishna told him to take Him (Krishna) away with him. Bodana did as he was told and he was accused of stealing the Idol by the King...When Bodana told the king his version of the story the king in order to humor the poor man said that they would weigh the idol of Krishna...They would put the Idol on one scale and posessions on the other) and whoever's turned out heavier would get to keep 'Krishna'
Yes...you have guessed right...Bodana only put the only posession that he and his wife possessed (a nose ring) and the scale tipped in Bodana's favour!

Anyway the point that I am making is that I used to go to the Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple in Juhu on Janmashtami and now an Iskcon temple has 'come' very near to my house near Babulnath Temple...
...And I am cordially invited and taken care of...you see now I am older and need a little extra comfort...and my Krishna gives it to me...Koun kehat hai Bhagwan aatey naheen tum Meera ke jaisey bulaatey nahin!

No comments: