Friday, February 09, 2007

THE YOUNG, TO BE DALAI LAMA AT A FUNCTION I ATTENDED, THIS PHOTOGRAPH APPEARED IN THE TIMES OF INDIA (BOMBAY)


And my niece Tara wrote:Dear Aunty Shakun,

I think there was some mis-understanding. Charok Lama is not the young Dalai lama. Let me explain how it works.

When an enlightened being passes away, His conciousness leaves the body and voluntarily takes re-birth out of His great compassion to help sentient beings, unlike people like me whose re-birth is propelled by our karma and delusions. So this explains that there is only one Dalai Lama and that He is the 14th incarnation of the previous Dalai Lama's.

Charok Lama is a very special Lama, he is the previous reincarnation of the previous Charok Lama Rinpoche, a yogi/meditator who came from Charok, in the high altitudes of the Sulu Khumbu region of Nepal close to Mount Everest base camp. He meditated many many years in his cave which was close to the Lawudo Lama's cave. The Lawudo Lama is my present Guru, Lama Zopa Rinpoche (who you might have met at the private teachings) previous incarnation!

I hope this helps clarify,
Love Tara




"I hope that you understand what the word 'spiritual' really means. It means to search for – to investigate – the true nature of the mind. There’s nothing spiritual outside. My rosary isn’t spiritual; my robes aren’t spiritual. Spiritual means the mind and spiritual people are those who seek its nature." – Lama Zopa Rinpoche

No comments: