Friday, April 11, 2008



Alongside myself with teacher and students of 'Society for the Education of the Crippled' which educates physically challenged children from a low economic background









Alongside: From left, Manju beaming happily because of all the good karma that she has acculated during this lifetime...Pushpa and Hargobind Daswani and members of the printing department who look very happy with Manju and for Manju...





Allow me to introduce you to my cousin sister Manju Uttamchandani.
I have loved her since she was a baby, watched her grow into a beautiful sensitive woman…I have read and believed…that Life per se may have no meaning…we create the meaning by searching what song we were meant to have sung…what dance we were meant to have danced…It need not be a firework life for everyone…being a mother and housewife is probably the life that some were meant to have lived…
The criterion is that you have to know in your heart of hearts that yes! I surpassed the challenges…and today I shine in my own light!

Am sharing a note Manju wrote to me (with her permission of course)



…I was happy to take you around SEC school, and show you the work we do here. Society for the Education of the Crippled educates physically challenged children from a low economic background. I am Project Co-ordinator here.

Life has reached a full circle. I had polio when I was young. This opened a different avenue of experiences to me. Learning to deal with this challenge and the growth that came with this has influenced who I am today. I don’t know if this is my purpose in life, but I do know that all the experiences and skills that I have picked up in my life have led me to this moment. And so for this moment I am where I am supposed to be, and am fulfilled.

Besides the school work I do, we are a group of a few physically challenged individuals that are in the process of forming a group that would look at various issues facing the physically challenged. We meet once a month and it is a great forum of sharing.

I am also a Past President of Rotary Club of Bombay Pier, and have won many awards here.

There is also a fun side- where I do enjoy meeting people, swimming, reading, going to the gym, dancing etc. My family and friends have been my support and inspiration.

God has been kind – if this is where He wanted me to be, He has so gently and kindly brought me here. I am grateful. Life has been good.

Love you always…

No comments: