Monday, July 05, 2010



My beautiful cousin sister (more sister than cousin) Manju Uttam





This last saturday July the 3rd 2010, I attended a 'Page 3 personalities studded show' with a heart.
There was a huge turnout even of very important people despite the heavy rains.
Ms Indu Shahani, Sheriff of Mumbai, who I have also had the privilege of knowing since we were children, showed me once again that she has a heart. She was there at the dot of 6 to inaugurate the show.
The walls were a creation of handicapped students from the Society for Education of the Crippled aptly called 'From the Shadows to the Limelight'
For pictures see (also on internet) Today July 5 Bombay Times pg 3, and DNA After hours Today July 5 pg VI
Manju tells me that many paintings were sold and artists, one of whom painted with his foot is invited to foreign countries to be felicitated.


One of the main people who put this event together is my Manju (Project co-ordinator for SEC)...My cousin sister who I have loved dearly since i saw her as an infant. I still remember how her cherubic smile would make my heart smile and her 'dragging foot' would make my heart ache.
But today, she is a huge success. She is beautiful inside out. She has found her 'sweet spot' despite various odds. We share the same Guru and I am sure she will also smile as she reads this from her spot in heaven.
What more can I say. This is a life well lived!

No comments: