Thursday, June 01, 2006

God is too big to fit into any single religion...

CONVERSION?

'Dwija' in Sanskrit means 'Twice born' It is a term used when a person is said to be born to His Spiritual Self!

I love what Osho says about conversion:
"When the ego dies godliness comes alive in you. Only when the seed dies it becomes a tree, only when the river dissapears into the ocean it becomes one with the ocean. 'Conversion is a beautiful word that is misused. It is thought that if a Hindu becomes a Christian, this is conversion. This is'nt true. He has simply changed one prison for another, as there has been no real change, no transformation.

Conversion happens only when the ego dies and godliness is born in you.
Conversion is when the human becomes divine, not when a Hindu becomes a Christian or a Christian becomes a Hindu.

Shakun
www.dalsabzi.com

And a reader replies:
ACCORDING TO SWAMI VIVEKANANDA, REAL CONVERSION IS : WHEN A HINDU BECOMES A BETTER HINDU, WHEN A MUSLIM BECOMES A BETTER MUSLIM, AN SO ON.....
CONVERSION FROM ONE CASTE INTO ANOTHER IS NOT ADVISABLE..... A FISH WILL DIE, IF YOU WILL TAKE IT OUT FROM WATER AND PUT INTO MILK..... ONE'S OWN RELIGION IS BEST RELIGION.....
REGARDS......C.L.G

Another reply:
My Views on Conversion:
If one is mentally happy ,no matter in which so called "religion" one is born, that person who is mentally well informed ,such person does not even think of conversion. Because such a person knows conversion does not do anything except a name change of the religion since that name change does not change the personality of the person.
I was once, in the USA, nagged by a girl to change to Bahai Faith, I asked why? because it is formed of seven best relegions of the world . One day finally I broke down my resistance and told where would you get converted to Bahai Faith, she you would change ? I said yes.She said there is a catch somewhere, so I told her you nagged me down now you won't take me to get converted. Now she nagged me for the reason,so I told her if get converted what will that do for me except your satisfaction that you converted a Hindu into Bahai Faith but it will do nothing for me , I'll still be reading GITA,believe in what I did before conversion , so really speaking nothing different will happen to me. She understood and the nagging stopped and no more conversion above all.
I am not at all religious and attach no importance to relegion but I am a believer of Hindu Philosophy .
Moti

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»