Sunday, May 28, 2006


Have added a new story to my 'Dadi Nani ki Kahaani' (Granny's stories) sequel.

MOTHER TERESA

Dear Children,
Today I am going to tell you how love, faith and service can bring joy to so many human beings. For that I will have to introduce you to Mother Teresa.
Mother Teresa was given the name Agnes Gonxha when she was born on 27th August 1910 in Skopje, Macedonia.
Young Agnes left her parental home at the age of 18 years and became a nun.
She joined the Sisters of Loreto.
She came to Calcutta. When she saw the poverty and suffering outside the convent walls, she devoted herself to work for ‘the poorest of the poor’.
She had no money, but she had faith that God would help her and He did!
Soon, voluntary helpers and financial help poured in and she steadily increased her good work. She extended her care for people who had nobody to look after them.
She looked after the homeless, alcoholics, lepers and people with aids and other incurable diseases.
Mother Teresa received many awards.
She received the Peace Prize from Pope John XXIII in 1971 and the Nehru Prize for her promotion of international peace and understanding (1972).
She also received the Balzan Prize (1979) and the Templeton and Magsaysay awards.
Mother Teresa died on September 5, 1997.
Dear Children,
During the month of November, in the year 1981, I had gone to Calcutta and I had a strong desire to meet Mother Teresa. So I set out.
Very strangely people, after having directed me to the right street, could not point out the exact location. So I paced back and forth several times. I finally discovered that the Mother lived on a street behind the one on which I was looking for her. I went inside. Mother was busy with a couple who was looking for a child to adopt. Soon after I was asked to enter. As soon as I saw Mother I fell on my knees and kissed her hand.
I said " I will not take much of your time, I just wanted to have the privilege of being in your presence."
Mother gently told me: "We are all born for a purpose, What I can do, maybe you cannot. But what you are meant to do, I may not be able to".
Listen to your inner voice and follow what it tells you. Everyone in this life is born to accomplish a mission. Hence follow the inner command and you will always be happy"
Mother Teresa knew that everyone cannot lift a leper or a dying child from the street to look after. Everyone cannot do this...
However we all could do our bit, by at least looking after the elderly members of our own family or/and sponsoring some needs of a needy child.
When you grow up, promise yourself that in your hurry-scurry to make fast bucks you do not reject your responsibility towards your old parents or your elderly parents in-law...
With love,
Dadi Ma Nani Ma

www.dalsabzi.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»