Saturday, October 21, 2006


Today, the 21st of October 2006 is Diwali...Happy Diwali
Rozas are on and Id is next week
A few days ago I went to an Iftaar party (Iftar is the meal taken at the time of breaking the fast for the day)...only women...It was wonderful to interact with Beautiful Intelligent Muslim women who generally are burqa clad.
As we spoke I reconfirmed to myself what I always knew...that under the outside coverings we are essentially 'mothers, sisters, friends...'
The highlight of the evening is that I tasted the zam zam water...and I felt as honored as when the good Lord gave me the opportunity during this lifetime to not only drink but take a complete 'dubkee' in the Gangotri, up in the mountains...where Ganga descends...
I feel blessed!
Shacune
Read more:

http://dalsabzi.com/Articles/ganga.htm

1 comment:

Paras Shah said...

Happy Diwali !