Wednesday, June 06, 2007

We have been receiving a lot of emails about Hussain's paintings.

Some people claim it is art...others say that it is a deliberate attempt to hurt Hindu feelings...even though I believe that God is too powerful to need anyone to advocate for Him...My feelings have been hurt as a human being who happens to be Hindu...
Christ said one should treat others as we would like to be treated.

Respect others beliefs and sentiments as you would like yours to be respected...

Why does one want to stir a hornet's nest when there is so much from which one can get inspiration for art?

I respect/love my Gods/Mother/Father and if you want to be my friend respect them!
I want to be your friend and hence I respect yours!

I was having a pleasant conversation with a Muslim friend...the beauty about her is that she communicates to learn not to argue...
She wondered how come most Hindus do not know much about their religion...
I said: While true to an extent...there are two things that most Hindus 'grow up with'
The knowledge of basic Karma theory, which teaches that as you sow so shall you reap...
and most importantly Hindus always 'grow up' respecting all Prophets/Incarnations of all religions...To us Allah and Ishwar and Satnam/Wahguru are different names of the same one God...As long as you believe in God you are a believer...as simple as that!

Read about my interview on Theory of Karmas. Click:
http://www.dalsabzi.com/Articles/karma%20in%20the%20Practical%20world%20Mid-day.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“how come most Hindus do not know much about their religion...”

Very few understand the meaning of God.

Reading holy books in parrot fashion and memorising them does not make you religious, knowledgeable or great in the eye of the Lord.
The simple belief of the Hindus which you have highlighted is all that is needed to a happy and peaceful life.
The illusion that I know all the words of my Koran or Gita or Bible is mere intellectual reading.
Its not important how much we know about ALL the Vedas and Gods.

God cannot be found with intelligence but with simple love and faith.

3~'