Sunday, September 28, 2008




I believe that all religions give the message of Love and Brotherhood…Yet the world is in a mess…Sometimes I feel that the Interfaith Dialogue in which I take part to bring Peace into the world is a waste of time…and my contribution is but a bubble in the Ocean…and then my God in His inimitable way sends me the following message in an excerpt from 'Live outside the Box' which appeared in the Sunday Times Bombay Sept, 28, 2008



…To you I say, meet me in the eye of the storm and together we will steer this mess in another direction. Jump into the storm. Do not stand on the sidelines too lazy and scared to do anything about all of the ugliness going on around you… People say that the signs are all here and Armageddon has begun. Why save the planet if the savior is coming to take the good and holy people away to a better place? ..If you had to pick and choose who were truly worthy of burning in hell or going to heaven, would you pick the folks who were killing and raging war in the name of God or would you pick the people who were crying out for love, equality, and to save the planet?
I stand here in the eye of the storm, turmoil and war all around me, my heart quiet and strong. The vision is very clear here. I will do my part to save the planet for the sake of those left behind. It is not for me to say who should or should not prevail. Someone will be left standing here on this planet, with this atmosphere, with this water, with this soil. For them, i say let's create a plan so that they have the best possible chance of rebuilding a new world. For love of this place with its beaches, mountains, and forests that I love so much, i will hold the love of Mother Nature in my heart. You know, if the savior comes to haul all the good guys off to a better place, i think i will volunteer to stay behind to help make this battered planet a place of beauty once more. When you are done with your religious wars and your ascensions into heaven, give the planet back to those of us who care for her… (Skye Thomas is a spiritual writer, entrepreneur, astrologer and philosopher based in the US)

Click:
http://www.dalsabzi.com/articles/interfaith_dialogue.htm

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Dear Shakun,

My sentiments exactly. Most of us feel the same way.
Everytime I wonder if I make any real difference in this world to anyone, along comes a message of hope or someone who values what I can share. Of how I do make a difference in this world.
We do touch others in ways that we do not know and just because that person is not giving feedback does not mean that they did not benefit.
I personally enjoy listening to the views of others because one learns so very much.

I can only tell you that the good work you are doing is the foundation for others and will outlive wars and storms and earthquakes for it lives on in the hearts which are indestructible.

cheers
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Opulently I assent to but I dream the list inform should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Again a fair post. Thank your friend