Wednesday, March 10, 2010



I recently spoke at the Rotary on 'Literacy 2010 Vidya and Avidya'
One of the things I said is 'Literacy is not only about Learning' but also 'Unlearning' What is one thing we need to unlearn? That we are too old to learn and have fun!
See my friends the Mahajans enjoying themselves...and all it takes is 'shared coconut water.
Shakun








National Pilgrimage:
The Cellular Jail (infamously called Kala Paani) which was used by the British for the dreaded criminals and later for the political prisoners, is to be treated as a National pilgrimage. Let us send our children and grand-children to Port Blaire to learn how our Azadi ke Diwane were sacrificed for the freedom we are enjoying today. The Light and Sound programme in the evening makes you emotional and I saw at least 3 persons wiping their tears during the 45-minute programme. Veer Savarkar was jailed here. Netaji Subhash Chander Bose visited the jail to get better facilities for the prisoners.
K.B.Mahajan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.