Saturday, February 18, 2006


WAIT FOR THE DAWN

GAM KI ANDHERI RAAT MEIN

Gam ki andheri raat mein

Dil ko na bekarar kar

Subah zaroor aayegi

Subah ka intezaar kar

Which means: Do not despair as you go ‘through’ the dark unhappy night.

Morning will surely break in! Wait for it!

If you refuse to look at the brighter side, and hope for a better tomorrow, you will get sucked into the whirlpool of depression.

I once said at a lecture: Create your own joy as readily as you create your own sorrow.

I believe that statement changed, at least, one person’s life.

How do I know that? Because she told me.

You will say: “ I do not create my sorrow”

Most ‘sorrows’ are created because we ‘do things’ not for ourselves, but to be praised by others.

That is like the ‘pot of gold’ at the end of the rainbow.

There will always be a person with a ‘richer husband, a more beautiful wife, a more expensive car, a more luxurious home…

I am not saying that you must not be ambitious…I am saying that strive for more, for yourself… not to keep up with the Jonesses.

Your possessions will then, not possess you. They will be there for your comfort…and all that comes, and all who come close to you, will feel blessed…and so will you.

No comments: