Sunday, December 17, 2006

Last time I was in Nashville for Christmas was a few years ago...I find so many more lights and so much more traffic!I was almost happy to see so much traffic...it reminded me of home...It is really beautiful, the decorated houses, the cheer, the gifts...not too different from Diwali, but then America is a richer country!
But the feeling of cheer and 'wanting to connect' is the same...how different can humans be? Last night met old loved friends and had dinner at the Olive Garden and felt happy and loved and blessed...

I read the following in a local paper...Gov Phil Bredesen has 'marked a Christian holiday with a card depicting a Musim girl' Bredesen states on the back of the card "While it may seem odd to put a portrait of a young Muslim woman on a Christmas card, this season reminds us that He loves His children most of all"...The back of the card closes with "May the miracle of Christmas help bring peace to this young woman and her wounded land'
Spokesman for the Islamic Center of Nashville said that partially uncovered head is not Muslim dress code...
...Before I sign off I endorse Jesus Christ's message to love all people...Merry Christmas...I am a Hindu and I love Christ...and Krishna...

I received the following comment from a reader...

Hey - what exactly am I commenting on?? On Gov Bredesen?- it is all true so no problem there - I mean there is certainly an underlying tug of war between the Muslims and Christians as to who is the "right" God - so every blessing is usually accompanied by a wish that the "other" will realize that they need to pray to the "real" God in order to be put out of their misery.... but that is an old story - a story of all evangelists - nothing new. But I am sure it ruffled some feathers that a Christian was praying for peace for a Muslim girl - maybe that was the problem in the first place but since that would have been really tacky to highlight, the Islamic center zeroed in on the uncovered hair. Who knows?

There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading in the same direction, so it doesn't matter which path you take. The only one wasting time is the one who runs around and around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.

Click:
http://www.dalsabzi.com/Articles/interfaith_dialogue.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shakunji,

Namaskar! I agree with your point all paths lead to one God. I too love Christ, Krishna & Mother Mary & Lakshmi ma.

Please add more articles of your experiences with Christ, Krishna & the saints in your blog.

Does Devi Indira Ma have healing powers?

Thks!
Warm Regards,
Poongodi