Sunday, December 03, 2006


On the 2nd of December 2006 Lord Balaji and Padmavati came together in Holy Matrimony in Bombay (Aamchi Mumbai)
I was also invited to attend another wedding on the same day, same time.
Which one shall I go to, I asked myself?
When I don't know what to do, I do nothing and allow events to flow.
I was offered a VIP pass and a ride to Bandra Kurla Complex...So I decided that the Lord wanted me to attend His wedding!
And I did!I attended (as Times of India, front page put it) a Match made in Heaven solemnised at Bandra!
Devotees from all over India, politicians,film stars in their best Kanjeevarams showed up!
The Utsava Murthis were brought to Mumbai from Tirupathi.
This is the first time that Lord Balaji has wed Padmavati outside the South Indian States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
In Tirupati devotees must pay a few thousand rupees to watch the wedding in the temple but entry to the Mumbai event was free.
The South Indian Education Society and the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam were instrumental in bringing the wedding to Mumbai.
I have read that five lakh ladoos were prepared for a 2 day event.
SIES chairman V Shankar prayed that the visit of the Lord to Bombay would bring to an end the natural and man made calamities to the city!
I personally sat transfixed and mesmerised by the perfect rendition of the Mantras...they followed me all the way home and I do hope that their vibrations have found a permanent place in the depth of my mind body and soul.
To see a picture and read more about Balaji and Padmavati, click or copy/paste to browser:
http://dalsabzi.com/Articles/balaji_sri_venkateswara.htm

To read about the Heavenly Hills of Tirupati
Click or copy/paste to browser:
http://dalsabzi.com/Articles/heavenly_hills_of_tirupati.htm

No comments: