Tuesday, April 21, 2009



Alongside Poonam Malani and myself. Poonam is so enthusiastic about teaching Sindhi to youngsters. I had a function to celebrate Cheti Chand hosted by Vinti Pohoomal. We sang Sindhi folk songs and I explained the beauty of Sindhi proverbs/pahaakas to the younger Sindhi generation...and then I received this wonderful note...which makes me believe that there is still hope for the revival of the Sindhi language!
Read on:
Hi Shakun,
I have read about your appreciation of Sindhi poetry and the beauty of the Sindhi language.
Could you please share some of this poetry with me.I am in my early 50's and have just woken up to the beauty of the Sindhi language.I can understand Sindhi quite well and hopefully I can pick up the nuances of the language in its beautiful poetry.I was born in independent India and grew up in Delhi with no Sindhi influence except for the family influence in spoken Sindhi.Alas now that my parents are no more I am closer to my roots and hence my love for the Sindhi language.
This love also brings me closer to my grandparents who only spoke to me in Sindhi and this helps to keep their memory alive in my heart.
Currently I enjoy listening to Master Chander because his compositions are beautiful and amaze me with the beauty of the Sindhi language.And thanks to this wonderful world of emails which helps me here ,sitting in Sydney, to keep in touch with Sindhis all over the world.
Thanks and Cheers,
Sushma

Click:

http://www.dalsabzi.com/books/wisdom_of_sindh/wisdom_of_sind_intro.htm
http://www.dalsabzi.com/articles/A_trip_Sindh.htm


...some wonderful Sindhi songs and dance performances on lovable Sindhi songs

www.sindhisangat.com

www.sindhisangat.tv

No comments: