Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Masi (Ma jaisi) Guli



I know that this photograph is bound to bring a smile to the face of those who knew Aunty Guli. This photograph was taken in Hyderabad Sindh when she was a young damsel.
My Masi Guli is no more. The incense has burnt out but the fragrance lingers on.
The fragrance of her soft spoken words and humility will never fade away.

My Aunty Guli played a very important part in my life.
As most of you know I was brought up in Spain. At the age of 13 my mother (My father passed on when I was 4 years old) brought me to Bombay. She wanted to open out the world for me. She wanted me to learn english and learn about our Indian culture and Hindu Way of Life.

I had to get admission in a good school. It was difficult as I knew only Spanish and Sindhi and I had to be admitted in the 8th Standard...To make the situation more difficult I was not willing to repeat a class.

My Masi, tirelessly did the rounds of every good school until I was admitted in Queen Mary High School, Bombay.

The above opened a new chapter in my life.
That Chapter opened the world to me.
Read about it, click:
http://www.dalsabzi.com/articles/back_to_school.htm

I thank her for being Ma jaisi to me.
Yesterday I was discussing with her sons the fact that she always 'acted' never reacted.

May her blessed Soul rest in eternal peace at the lotus feet of the Lord!

No comments: