Monday, January 30, 2012



Though I believe in re-incarnation I believe that for the moment 'Zindagi na milegi dobara' so I decided to experience the Filmfare awards 2012 at Filmcity even though I had laryngitis and could barely talk! As one of my dear ones pointed out I dont need to swoon and scream like a teenager because 'i am mature graceful charming and beyond bollywood madness'(is'nt it sweet of her to say so?)
Anyway I went. I did 'darshan' of Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer, Priyanka Chopra, Abhishek, Usha Uthup, Alka Yagnik, Ravina Tandon, Aruna Irani. Kunal Kohli, Farhan Akhtar, Sonali Bendre...
You will read most news and see the prog on Sony eventually.
I would like to point out very sadly that they really think they are Gods, so they did not feel the necessity to apologize for starting 2 hours late!

I was touched by the fact that Usha Uthup won her first Filmfare Award and Aruna Irani received a Life achievent Award.

I liked the fact that Shahrukh could laugh at himself: He said he was able to sell most Ra One souvenirs, but not many tickets!

All in all I enjoyed the programme...Go again next year? Maybe not! Easier to watch it from the comfort of my home and the 'darshan' did not take me a step closer to enlightenment!

No comments: