Saturday, February 25, 2012




Tell me the meaning of Love

Kali as Krishna
As I understood it, from an article by Devdutt Pattanaik

Kali is dark, Shiva is fair (Karpura, like camphor)
Krishna is dark, Radha is fair.

Shiva did not speak a word until Parvati came to his life.
Radha did not open her eyes until Krishna was born.

Parvati once asked Shiva: “ What is love”?
Shiva replied:

When you feed me like Annapoorna, asking for nothing in return…I feel love
When you come to me as Kamakhya and are desirous of me… asking for nothing in return…I feel love
When you come to me as Gauri, delicate and demure and allow me to dominate you…knowing full well that you cannot be dominated… asking for nothing in return…I feel love.
When you come to me as Durga bearing weapons in your hand and protect me, I feel secure and safe and cared for… asking for nothing in return…I feel love.
When you come atop me as Kali and dance over me, unafraid to be powerful and vulnerable, and unafraid of being mocked and judged… You make me open my eyes.

I realize Lalita, the beautiful one, who is also Bhairavi, the fearsome one. I realize Mangala, the auspicious one, is also Chandika, the violent one.

I see you totally without judgement, and I realize I am capable of seeing the truth. That you allow me to see you fully, without judgement tells me I have become trustworthy…in joy I dance, I become Nataraja…

Shakti smiled.
Shiva said: “Since you have done so much for me-I want to do the same for you”.

So Shiva became (gori gori) Radha…
And Radha taught Krishna the meaning of love.

No comments: