Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Conversion

I love what Osho says about conversion:
"When the ego dies godliness comes alive in you. Only when the seed dies it becomes a tree, only when the river disappears into the ocean it becomes one with the ocean. 'Conversion is a beautiful word that is misused. It is thought that if a Hindu becomes a Christian, this is conversion. This isn't true. He has simply changed one prison for another, as there has been no real change, no transformation.

Conversion happens only when the ego dies and godliness is born in you. Conversion is when the human becomes divine, not when a Hindu becomes a Christian or a Christian becomes a Hindu."


PS Why do people want to convert others to their religion? A 'friend' tried to convert me. I said 'I am not planning on going to hell (because i dont belong to your religion)...but if I do, honestly you are not responsible. I said it with a smile so she laughed too. funny or sad?

No comments: