Saturday, April 03, 2010



On January 22nd 2010 attended a live perforamnce of Runa Laila at Bandre Fort.
It was an initiative of Times Foundation 'Aman ki Asha'
Heard her sing 'O mera Babu chhail chhabeela main to naachungi'
It brought back memories...actually of one of my most embarassing moments!
I had gone to attend the wedding of my very close friends' daughter's...The wedding was in a five star hotel...For one of the rituals, we had ordered room service...the food did not turn up despite constant reminders and the esteemed guests were ready to leave...My husband said: 'Do something' (so that the guests do not leave)
I burst into song, true filmy style...Yes you guessed...the song was 'O mera Babu chhail chhabila' needless to say everyone stood transfixed! A situation was saved...and I helped my friend, in I think quite a unique way!

No comments: