Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chapter 3 Lesson 5
In the stanzas of the Geeta , Krishna uses the first person singular. But He does not mean it as ‘Krishna’ of Radha or Gopis or Yashoda fame…neither does He mean Krishna, as the King of Dwarika…but as the ‘Atman’ (Individual Soul) who in essence is no different from Paramaatman (God)

Krishna says: “There is nothing in the three worlds that has to be done by Me, nor is there anything unattained that should be attained by me; yet I engage myself in action”

My note: Even the Lord who is not compelled to do anything nor does he need to attain anything…Acts!
I think that what Krishna is trying to say is that ‘doing ones karma’ is very important.
But as He stated earlier, do your karma in a spirit of detachment from fruits thereof.
A lot of people ask me: “How can we not have a desire for the fruits? If I am studying to become a doctor, would I not need to ‘desire’ to becaome a doctor?”
My understanding is:
1)Desire to be a doctor.
2) Drop the desire.
3) Engage in Action eg studies admission etc.
4) Do not constantly be obsessed with the result.
Ok let us see if we can understand it in a different way.
One needs to go to Delhi…one buys the ticket and sits on the train…Do we need to obsess about the destination?


To read what I have written so far, click:
http://www.dalsabzi.com/wisdom_script/bhagvad_gita.htm

No comments: