Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Yesterday I attended a condolence meeting with a difference. I was told by the deceased's sister not to wear white. They were going to celebrate their sister's life. Maybe it is done this way sometimes but for me it was a new experience and so it was for those who attended it.
They sang the deceased's favourite songs, told us the jokes she enjoyed, recited relevant poetry and danced to 'Duma Dum mast kalander' I sensed the people's discomort. I took the mike (with permission)
I said: " I have known the 4 sisters since I was a young girl' and they have been unique. (Modern compassionate loving down to earth, living the way they best knew without harming a soul) Life is made up of joy sorrow laughter tears and this is what we have seen here. __lived a full life and it is time to let go and the sisters have done it in their always unique way. Those who agree with me, please give me a hand.
I got a thunderous applause, everyone relaxed, later appreciated my 1 minute speech. One of the sisters said: I dont know how to thank you!
I felt good for having the courage to speak what I truly felt though maybe I took the juice out of unnessecary harsh 'gossipy' words of those who attended...but who knows, maybe now they will gossip about me... I dont care... I love the sisters and their unique ways!

No comments: