Friday, August 19, 2011


















It is a momentous time. The way India has come together peacefully reminds one of Gandhiji's fight for Independence.I just had to be a part of it. So I did make my way to Azad Maidan. The gentleman with me is Mahendra Chauhan a soft ware engineer.
The photographs were taken while in the background people sang: Yeh desh hai veer jawaanon ka, albelon ka mastaanon ka, is desh ka yaaron kya hehna? yeh desh hai duniya ka gehna!
When I mentioned to my friends abroad about my presence at Azad Maidan, I was surprised to learn that they did not have much of an idea about what is going on in India! How so!? Nothing like this has happened since Independence of India in 1947.
Do google Anna Hazare and his campaign for the Lok Pal Bill (an anti corruption bill)
The fact that so many thousands of people keep assembling shows how very tired mentally, physically and financially the Indian janta is, with curruption.
The biggest supporter for Anna Hazare is Myanmar's Nobel Peace Laureate Aung Suu Kyi.
She however stressed that differences between the government and the civil society over the Lokpal bill, have to be resolved through dialogue.
Want to hear more? A 60 year old Pakistani businessman Jehangir Akhtar is set to go on a hunger strike in Islamabad from September 12 for an anti graft bill similar to what India is planning.




My friend Mr Mahajan from Delhi replies:
Mr Mahajan in Delhi (1st photograph above)

Great!.

Yesterday I went to Tihar Jail . It is not very far from my residence. But what I saw was amazing.

Such a deciplined crowed I have hardly ever seen. Over 10,000 youngsters raising slogans 'Bharat Mata ki Jai, Vande Matram, Anna tum aagey Baroh, hum tumahrey saath hain' etc. There were people who were distributing water bottles, bread pakoras, biscuits and many other eatables to the crowed, very coolly and with real shradhha.

The youngsters apart from showering support to Anna were seen clearing road for smooth traffic and also CLEANING THE PLACE OF EMPTY BOTTLES AND OTHER LITTER.

Those who say that these people are there for fun only, must come and see for themselves what the scene is like.

Long live this movement. Long live Anna Hazare.





No comments: