Tuesday, April 04, 2006


Left: Ma Indira Devi praying to the Thakurs before giving Them to me

If God wants to come to you. He does!

A friend of mine possessed a marble 'Krishna' which was ever so exquisite. I had always heard that Krishna was blue. And I wondered how a 'Blue Krishna' could be beautiful? But the 'Krishna' that my friend owned had a bluish hue and was gorgeous!
I wanted to have one, sculptured by the same artist. So I enquired.

They told me that they had acquired 'Blue Krishna' from Jaipur.
So the next time I visited Jaipur, I visited most studios with no luck.

Some time later, a friend of mine called saying that he had a 'Radha Krishna' sculpted by the artist I was looking for.
I promised that I would pass by and see Them.

However Ma Indira Devi (My Guru, she is no more in the body) was in Mumbai and as, I was going to visit her, most of my free time, I was unable to go and see the 'Thakurs'.

My friend called to enquire when I was going to see the 'Thakurs' as he was holding on to them for me. Since I was not sure when I would be able to go, and I figured that it was not fair, that I ask him to wait, I said "You show Them to anyone who might be interested in Them, if They are meant for me They will come to me.

Pompous statement! Did I really believe that? But I said it with conviction. And you know what? The blue Krishna and Radha did find their way to me.

A few days later, as I went to visit Ma, someone said that Ma was presenting me with the Thakurs that I had wanted. I was confused, how did that happen?
I was explained that someone had presented the Thakurs to Ma, and had told her: "Shakun was very keen on having them". So Ma had said "These are for Shakun!"

I had tears in my eyes. Those tears were of joy, love, gratitude and the strange ways of God!
I felt so fortunate. Others receive a mantra from their Guru, and I was being given My Thakurs!
Ma asked me to bring a silk cloth piece during the evening, so that she could give Them to me. She prayed, performed Puja and Aarti and placed Them in my receiving arms.
Today They are in my temple and in my heart. And They constantly remind me of my Ma.
Someone asked me: "Don't you already own a pair of Thakurs of marble Radha Krishna?"
I answered: "Do you stop at one diamond, if you are offered another exquisite pair?

Read about Ma from my book: Remembering Ma, through the pages of my diary.
Click:
http://dalsabzi.com/Books/rem_ma/remembering__ma_intro.htm

No comments: