Sunday, March 30, 2008





"If you ask me to describe my career in a nutshell, this is how I will do it. The longer I work as a journalist and multi-media person, the more I am convinced that I was born for this unique, rewarding profession!"
- Vimla Patil

The media-world in India recognize Vimla as one of the country’s senior and respected journalists and media persons.
Vimla initiated the Miss India contest in the mid-sixties for the journal and brought it to its present international stature.

Breaking rules is Vimla's passion! After finishing her long stint with Femina,(She was the editor of the famous magazine who according to me played a major role in 'awakening women to their potential) Vimla built a brand new career for herself as a freelance multi-media person writing features, books and scripts; creating events, sound and light shows; holding workshops and training seminars; and many more activities in her busy portfolio...

And I, Shakun, am proud to state that she is my friend and mentor in activities that are close to my heart.

I do believe in the statement:
Life in itself has no meaning...Life is an opportunity to create a meaning...It is a poem to be composed, it is a song to be sung, It is a dance to be danced...
Osho


Vimla shared the following very interesting observations which I am sharing with you:

Emperor Ashoka and Emperor Akbar

The strange conincidences do not end with both these royal personalities being the greatest rulers in the history of the world and their names beginning with A. Here are some other facts which should amuse us.
1. Ashoka is called the 'tallest' emperor in world history by top Western historians. Akbar's is one of the four grand monarchies of the world.
2. the Bollywood film Ashoka was produced by Shah Rukh khan, a Muslim and he acted the main role of Ashoka, a Hindu and then a Buddhist. SRK is a Muslim married to a Hindu wife Gauri who has stuck to her religion
3. Akbar was played by Hrithik Roshan, a Hindu who has a Muslim wife who retains her religion.
4. SRK spoke chaste hindi for his role as Ashoka and Hrithik spoke chaste Urdu for his role as Akbar!
Does this sound strange or is it the real secular India?
Vimla Patil

No comments: